Thursday, February 16, 2012

SET FREE!


My name is Miriam. I was born into a Christian Karen home.
Mum left me in the care of my grandparents when I was 8 years old. I felt rejected and deeply hurt. I seized every opportunity I could to stay away from home, to hang out with friends, who lived life-styles far from godly values. Before long, I became attached to a young man, who began to control my life.  I did anything and everything he wanted me to do. I felt totally trapped, both emotionally and physically. I felt dirty and unworthy. There was nothing more for me in this life, except to please my boyfriend. Then he dumped me, leaving me completely heart-broken. I locked myself in a room, pretending to study for university entrance exams. In reality, I could not concentrate at all and consequently failed my exams and was disqualified from entering university. I felt like a total loser. I had shamed my family. I was not even smart enough to study at university. 
My life changed when I came to the River! I entered university part-time studying to become a teacher. I am involved in the work of the River Team in the communities and tutor young three girls rescued from abusive situations.
The road to healing takes times, but I know that I have been set free from many bondages and I have great hope for the future! God is so good to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment